Table of Contents
Welcome to The APCS Java Wiki
Fr. Chris Started this wiki to help with the exchange of information for helping you ask and answer questions about labs and AP Computer Science Questions. The homework assignments and test dates are here.
Summer School/First Week Labs
2022 Final Projects
Getting Started Links
- Just for fun: Lifted Pixar's insight into taking computer science exams
- Download and install a JDK (Java Development Kit). You have a choice now: -
- Download a IDE (Integrated Development Environment) like
- Download AP Exam Quick Reference from AP Central at CollegeBoard.org
- Download APCS "Acorn" Book
- DeathJockey Tutorials are great if you learn well by watching someone writing code.
Final Project Games
Here are some executable games written in 2019:
Simple Game Tutorial has resources and videos that walk you through writing an ChickenLittle Applet (BlueJ 3.17 is the last version to support Applets). I am currently writing an application version, using these tips, but I am considering using this method to simplify the way to add audio clips to your game.
If your computer doesn't already have the Java Runtime environment installed, you can find it at https://www.java.com/en/download/
On the current MacOS, you would need to Control-Click and Select “Open” to override the security settings that prevent you from running Java apps (the one that end with .jar)
- A programmer is sent to the grocery store with instructions to “buy butter and see whether they have eggs, if they do, then buy a dozen.” Returning with 12 butters, the programmer says, “they had eggs.”
- There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
- You can't make a program without broken egos.
- Q: Why did the programmer quit his job? A: Because he didn't get arrays.
- Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
- When Shakespeare asked, “To be, or not to be?,” he did not provide the answer. But computer science can! The answer is FF.
( '2B | !2B = FF' .. in binary '001001011 OR 110110100=11111111')
- Chuck Norris can delete the Recycling Bin.
- When Chuck Norris throws exceptions, it’s across the room.
- Have you heard about the new Cray super computer? It’s so fast, it executes an infinite loop in 6 seconds.